Nutrinor is committed to the development of agriculture professionals for the future. The cooperative has always considered this an important aspect of its mission and will continue to do so in future years.
The Cooperative fund for professional development in agriculture provides financial support to up-and coming-youth with the backing of their cooperative.
Be a member:
- of a local cooperative (farm);
- of the Fédération de la relève agricole du Québec (FRAQ) (candidate);
- of an affiliated branch of Desjardins Group (farm).
Age: Between 18 and 40 years old. Share ownership: at least 20% of the company’s shares. Education: Candidates must have graduated from a specialised program in agriculture (DEP,DEC,BAC)) or equivalent. Main activity:
- Candidates must dedicate most of their time and derive most of their income from agriculture.
- Candidates must be residents of Quebec, Ontario or New Brunswick.
- Candidates agree to the production of news stories and photographs without compensation.
- Selected candidates must commit to the development of their professional skills through programs recognized by the Board of Governors of the Cooperative fund for professional development in agriculture.
Financial assistance is for a maximum of three (3) years, non-renewable, and includes three (3) components:
1. La Coop financial support
- Specific eligibility criteria for this component:
- Purchase of inputs: Majority from candidate’s local cooperative;
- Ages: 18 to 40 years old upon registration.
- Special discount for emerging professionals: 10% of cost of eligible inputs, proportional to candidate’s participation (shares) in the business up to $5,000/year per agricultural company.
- 100 % purchases associated with animal production.
- 100 % purchases associated with vegetal production.
- 100% of hardware purchases.
- 0% (zero) of construction materials purchases.
- 0% (zero) of grain transactions.
2. Development ofs competencies
Mandatory for eligibility to La Coop financial support. Beneficiaries shall, throughout the financial support program, commit to the development of their professional skills through participation in the training programs offered and associated activities.
Mandatory credits: 21 credits over three years. For the entire duration of financial support, candidates must earn at least seven (7) credits per year through training programs recognized by the Cooperative fund for professional development in agriculture. Beneficiaries may choose among a dozen or so courses according to their personal interests and needs. The courses are listed in the brochure. Earned credits could be further recognized later if a candidate is elected to a cooperative board.
Two associated activities per year
For the entire duration of financial support, beneficiaries must take part in a minimum two associated activities per year. Beneficiaries may choose associated activities from a list recognized by the Fund’s Board of Governors, available in the skills development brochure.
3. Professional support from La Coop
Only selected candidates admitted to La Coop financial support may benefit from component. Eligibility to the Shepell program:
- 1.5-hour assessment;
- Access to a psychologist: Five one-hour sessions (maximum five hours total);
- Two of the five hours may be used with a: judicial advisor (maximum one hour), and administrative consultant (maximum one hour).
Submit your application
For further information about the program
Contact Mélanie Tremblay by Email or phone at 418-343-3636, ext. 2232